Need Help or just trying to figure out Duby? We collect the most common questions and answers and provide a variety of ways to contact us. Speak freely.
Everything you share is called a Duby and is passed to users nearest you.
The users who receive the Duby can pass it on or put it out, but how many people it gets passed to each time depends on your Duby Influence.
The more popular your Duby’s are the more people they are passed to next time.
Duby is a Gamified Social Network
- We mixed a game with a traditional social network.
- The quality of your content, not the quantity, is more important.
- The more your content is passed, or “liked” by others users, the higher your Influence Score.
- A player with a higher Influence Score passes Dubys to more users, making them powerful, or “Influential”.
- Users have followers like other networks, but the Duby Influence Score is unique and will fluctuate based on quality and frequency of content published.
- The end result is a fun way to socialize and an assurance that top users must consistently produce quality content to stay on top.
Users can ensure complete anonymity by using a username and avatar image that do not reveal any identifying information. Some users may wish to use their name/pseudonym and real photographs, this is at the discretion of the user.
The best Dubys are high quality, well lit, and show you (and friends) in your natural environment so other users can see what using Cannabis looks like to you. Originality is key to trend and, of course, show pictures containing cannabis.
Personal Influence – Represents how many users you pass Dubys to. It increases or decreases depending on your activity and popularity.
Duby Influence – How many users a duby has been shared with. It increases by users passing the duby, but will never decrease.
A Featured Duby is the best Duby of the day. It can be an image or video, and is hand selected by the Duby staff daily.
- Being a daily user and creating great Dubys will give you the best chance of being Featured.
- You will be notified in app via your notifications screen, and the Duby that gets featured will be watermarked.
A Duby Story is a Private Message sent to all of your followers (versus sent anonymously to nearby users like a regular Duby).
Private Dubys, whether sent to all followers or just one other user, expire and are completely private… think Snapchat style.
- In your Activity page, touch the side that says “Stories”.
- then Touch “New Story”
- Choose which mode you would like to use to capture your Update.. Camera, or Photo Library.
- After taking or uploading a photo, Touch the ✍ Writing Hand emoji in the top right hand corner.
- Type what text you would like to use in 40 characters or less and hit “Done”.
- Finally, touch the ➡️ Right hand Arrow in the bottom right hand corner of the page to send.
- If you have a 🔥 (Fire)Emoji on your Stories line, You have a Duby on the Trending page
- If you have a 🏆(Trophy)Emoji on your Stories line, You have a Duby in the Top 10 on the Trending page
- If another user has a special 😎Stoney smiley face Emoji, This person is in your Sesh (MySesh Profile page)
From your profile page, you will see an option for My Sesh. Touch this item, and a box will open up with 4 people in it and a list of everyone else below that you can scroll through quickly.
- My Sesh users will change as you use the app.
- You will see the 4 people that you interact with the most in app, followed by up to 420 more in order of importance.
- When you comment, tag/mention, and follow other users in the app, these actions will place your favorite people in your My Sesh box.
- Touch any of these users avatars, and you will be redirected to their profile page.
You can block any other user in the app from their profile page.
-Go to the users profile page that you wish to block
-Touch the vertical ellipsis in the top right hand corner of their profile picture
-The options Block User and Report user options will pop up
-Touch the Block button
Yes! Dubys that are “shared with you” by users near you appear on your Home Screen.
However, in the Search Screen (Duby Explorer) you can pass Dubys to users near you that are from anywhere in the world and start a new trend in your area.
Remember: Duby requires “a” location (not your exact location) so you get content nearest you automatically, and anonymously.
You are free to set a location manually in settings to another location to protect your privacy.
Audio problems are usually just the mute switch on the side of an iPhone or a broken speaker.
If not, let us know and we will fix it.
If you’re experiencing crashes, please try the following:
- Please make sure you have the latest version. – Update Duby Now
- Try deleting the app and reinstalling it.
- If the problem persists please let us know so we can fix it for you!
iOS / Apple devices
- Go to you profile page
- In the top right hand corner of your profile page, touch the settings button (vertical ellipsis) ⋮ ,on your profile page
- Scroll down to Support
- Select; About Duby
- Remove Account
- You will be prompted before your account is completely gone. Are you sure you want to remove your account permantly? YES/NO
Android / Google Play devices
- Go to your profile page
- In the top right hand corner of your profile page; touch the (vertical ellpsis) ⋮ ,on your profile page
- Scroll down to; Account
- Select delete account
- Check the box that asks you Are you sure you want your account deleted?
- Hit Delete account button
Duby requires a location, but it does not need to be your actual location.
There are two ways you can choose from for Duby to use your location. Manually or Automatically.
- Manually – You can set a fixed location anywhere in the world.
- Automatically – Duby will detect your location and update to your current city and state.
You can send a Private Duby by visiting another user’s profile page and selecting “CHAT“.
You may also “Reply” to another users private message to you, from your Activity page, but only if they have sent you a private message in advance.
Duby messages are sent with an image attached. Uploading or taking a picture then adding text by touching the ABC✍ in the top right hand corner of the screen.
NOTE: In order to send private messages between users requires that users be following each other. This is for your protection to prevent spam and allow for blocking of users by simply unfollowing.
From the Duby Explorer, Click on the search bar and enter #vid to see all of the most recent Duby videos.
This probably means you are using an iPad. The duby app does not officially support the iPad at the moment and therefore it will run in iPhone mode which can cause images to look pixelated.
Images uploaded from an iPad will be in low resolution until we have developed the official iPad version.